King Tsushin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
2-6-6, Noge, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-0092, Japan
Contact email address：
Contact phone number：
The solution to ease a night staff's burden with silhouette observing sensor
Solution website URL
Key features of the solution
- To notify care staffs an alert of a patient's movements on the bed such as "sitting up", "protrusion" and "out of bed".
- A staff can verify the patient's behavior in the room with silhouette images remotely, for judging a priority to respond.
- To reduce a risk of fall accidents while respecting a patient's privacy.
Solution uses / effects
- To observe a patient who has a high risk of falling.
- To verify the patient's situation for a night staff.
- To record an accident in case of emergency.
- To reduce a number of fall accidents.
- To ease a staff's burden and improve a patient's quality of sleep by reducing unnessesary visiting the room.
- To give a convincing explaination with recorded images at reporting to patient's families.
How to contribute to improving the working environment
- By relieving physically and mentally burden of a night staff.
- Lead to increased work productivity by reducing unnessesary visiting the room and improvement on a judgement of the priority.
Physical, educational and operational requirements for installation and operation
- Wireless or wired LAN network
- Instruction of operating the sensor
- Workflow of operating the sensor in the staffs' routine work
User cases (introduction results and analysis)
The care facilities using the sensor say that the mental burden has been reduced by judging priorities easily even in situations that one staff has to observe several patients at night. In addition, the event record function helps the staff to understand the patient's night-time behavior patterns and helps provide services suitable for a patient.
Employees who benefit from the solution
The care staff (particularly the night staff)
Number and size of employees benefiting from the solution
The all care staffs in the care facility
When and how often the solution works
- Situation: Night time.
- Frequency: Depends on a patient's behavior.
List Price (Unit price): JPY 300,000 (including sensor body, mounting bracket, micro SD card and AC adapter)
In the case of a LAN network is prepared, the user can start observing a patient with a single sensor (JPY 300,000 list price, not including a mobile device/PC).
Education costs and time
Instructions: Normally 1 hour x 2 times Cost: Basically free of charge except in remote areas
Monthly maintenance and membership fees, etc.
Example of input cost recovery plan (assuming business case)
As the solution is estimated to lead to 10% night-time labor cost reduction, investment cost of 1 sensor will be paid back after about 10 months.